The Lyndhurst Group, is a history, museum, and nonprofit consulting firm providing community-focused engagement strategies for institutional planning, organizational assessments, and interpretive direction.
- Strategic Planning
- Program Development and Evaluation
- Institutional Assessment
- History Content
- Fundraising and Grant Writing
Our work is guided by the historic mission of American museums; we are founded on the principle of serving our communities/publics through preservation of and access to history’s primary sources including archives, artifacts, and historic sites. Stakeholders form the basis of our work. They are the reason our institutions exist in the first place and the present and future of our institutions must include their voices.
- We believe the best practices of the history and museum field can and do translate across the spectrum of nonprofits.
- We believe in showing and not telling. We do not instruct clients on what to do but through an inclusive process that probes for answers and proffers different viewpoints, we counsel clients to consider and follow best practices.
- We believe in openness, honesty, and transparency and will be frank with clients at all times.
- We believe history strengthens communities and strive to strengthen history organizations to better fulfill their mission(s) as community-focused institutions.
- We believe in working with organizations whose work and mission aligns with these core values.